Do you want to be the codemaker or the codebreaker?
Rules of Mastermind
- The game consists of a codemaker and a codebreaker.
- There are six types of code pegs: [A] [B] [C] [D] [E] [F]
- There are two types of key pegs: black [B] and white [W]
- The codemaker will choose a hidden pattern of any combination of four code pegs.
- Duplicates can be included.
- For example, the codemaker might choose: [C] [A] [C] [F]
- The codebreaker has 12 attempts to correctly guess the hidden pattern.
- After each guess,the codemaker will use the key pegs to give hints.
- Each black [B] peg signifies a correct code peg in the right position.
- Each white [W] peg signifies a correct code peg, but in the wrong position.